Amount: 25% off tuition
Bringing your family with you on your journey of faith is vital. That’s why we have the Marriage & Family Discount - to enable your spouse (and/or children) to experience the college with you! This discount is available to a current student’s immediate family living in the same household. The first applicant must pay full tuition; the spouse and/or children each receive 25% off tuition. Family members must attend the same year of the college (either program applies) to receive the discount.
Amount: 10% off tuition
The concept of "Think3" is one of the core values of our church, and it expresses the importance of thinking about not just the next generation, but also the one that comes after. Investing in the next generations is at the heart of education - and we are passionate about helping young people discover God’s calling on their lives! This discount is automatically applied to any accepted student age 20 or younger who are not concurrently enrolled in any other post-secondary academic institution.
The following grants are made possible by generous donors that includes alumni, members of Free Grace United, and people with a vision to help equip believers to know and live out their faith.
Amount: Varies; multiple awards available
A need-based grant for students with financial hardships or setbacks.
- Has financial need
- History of serving others in local church preferred, but not required
- Has financial need
Amount: $150; multiple awards available
This scholarship was created to award non-traditional students for their courage in continuing their education. Multiple awards available.
- No prior college experience
- Must be 21 years or older
- Stable work history
- Desirable qualities: strong work ethic, determination despite adversity, passion
The goal of this grant is to help provide the means for an employed family man to deepen his faith in order to bring his family and business to the next level. This grant provides full tuition for either the first or second year program.
- Male student pursuing any degree
- Employed full-time (or equivalent) at any reputable place of business
- Provides financially for one or more dependents
- Committed, reliable volunteer at Free Grace United (any location)
Amount: up to $1,000
The goal of this grant is to relieve the financial burden of leadership training so that the recipient can focus on developing his or her leadership skills within the local church.
- Must be pursuing Year 2 of the ALCM
- History of serving others in the local church
- Currently serving in a volunteer leadership position at your home church
- A calling for ministry leadership is preferred, but not required
Pastor Kelly Dykstra has a soft spot for single moms, since her (single at the time) mom took her along to Bible college when Kelly was three years old.
- First-year students only
- Must be a single mom with custody of her child(ren)
- Currently faithfully attending church and volunteering when able
This grant is available to someone who demonstrates financial need as well as a lifestyle of faithfully serving in his/her home church.
- Available to first- or second-year students
- Must be able to prove faithful volunteer service over the past year at a Free Grace United family church
Students of traditional high school/college age may apply to work for the summer at Pine Lake Camps, Free Grace United’s summer camp in Eldora, Iowa.
If accepted to serve at camp this summer, students must serve June 5 through August 5, and will be awarded a full tuition scholarship (not including fees) for the 2022-23 school year. At the conclusion of the summer, students who serve all nine weeks will receive from Pine Lake Camps an additional stipend of $300.
Applications for summer serving will open January 20. This scholarship option will remain open as long as positions are available prior to June 5, 2022.
A Note about FAFSA and Federal Student Tuition Reimbursement/Refunds:
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and Federal student tuition reimbursement/refunds via 1098-T forms for taxes are governmental programs. FGBC has chosen not to pursue governmental accreditation, thus we cannot participate in these programs. This not only keeps our program costs lower, but we also believe that this is the direction God has called our program, and trust Him to provide for every student mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically and financially.
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.